Frequently asked questions
Straight answers on costs, payments, title deeds and buying from abroad.
Diaspora
Can I buy from abroad?
Yes. We do a live video visit, you sign electronically, you pay from your country into the company account only, and we courier your title by DHL at no cost.
How long does buying from abroad take?
About two weeks from the first call to a signed agreement: a call with the diaspora desk, a live video visit, your own search on Ardhisasa, then signing online.
Do I need to travel to Kenya?
No. Video site visit, e-signed agreement, payment from abroad, and your title couriered to you.
How do I check the land from where I am?
We send you the title number and the survey map. You can search the title yourself on Ardhisasa from anywhere, or give both to your own lawyer.
Can I pay in pounds or dollars?
Yes. Our staff share the account details with you directly. We credit the KES amount received and receipt it the same day.
Which way of sending money is best?
A SWIFT bank transfer takes one to three working days and suits deposits and cash purchases. Wise, Remitly, LemFi and Sendwave arrive in minutes and suit monthly payments. Cards are for booking fees.
How do I know your bank details are genuine?
Before your first transfer, call us on a number taken from this website and confirm the account. We never send new bank details by email or WhatsApp, and we never change them mid-purchase.
What will I need to have ready?
Your passport bio page, a copy of your Kenyan ID if you have one, your KRA PIN and two passport photos. With no PIN, we will walk you through iTax; it takes about fifteen minutes.
Do I need a power of attorney?
Not to buy. It only helps if you want someone to act for you later, for example during construction.